Keystone Properties and the Church of England formed the JV Partnership to develop church sites in Newham. Through this, we had multiple Newham commissions, of which All Saints was the largest scheme that proposed complete redevelopment of the site.
The ambitious proposal on the Romford Road frontage, sought to demolish the austere All Saints Church built in 1886 and replace it with a state-of-the-art community centre designed by the award winning, Allies and Morrison, with a 1,000m² multi-faith worship space and 5 storeys of truly affordable London housing. The architectural form for the new buildings still represented the Church of England values with a tall bell tower hallmarking the site in the local townscape. The intelligent and well-considered play and amenity space strategy was key to the application success along with the proposals to retain the majority of mature trees framing the site in its prominent location in the conservation area.